New York Slip, Trip and Fall Accident Attorneys

Suffering From a Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Injury? We’re Here to Help.

Slip and fall accidents are the most common claims in premises liability lawsuits. Premises liability law involves the legal responsibility of owners and occupiers of property for mishaps experienced by persons on the property and their resulting injuries. One of the most common causes of such injuries is a trip and fall or slip and fall, such as on an icy sidewalk, a loose or uneven stair tread, or a piece of debris or spilled liquid on the floor.

The experienced New York City slip and fall lawyers at our firm can help you get full and fair compensation if you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall accident in New York City.

Recent NYC Slip & Fall Lawsuit Verdicts

  • $1,750,000 for a woman who injured her neck and back when she slipped on a wet floor in a supermarket
  • $650,000 for a victim of a slip and fall on coffee in an office building
  • $1,000,000 for a victim of a slip and fall in a building with broken stairway lights

If you need an experienced NYC slip and fall accident attorney, call 212-279-2000 today or use our online contact form for a free consultation and claim evaluation.

The liability of the potentially responsible individuals varies, depending on the rules and principles adopted in the jurisdiction where the mishap occurred. David Resnick & Associates, PC, is an experienced slip & fall law firm that can determine whether liability may exist in a particular case and help an injured person recover damages for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.

David Resnick & Associates, PC, serves the New York City area, including Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn and the Bronx.

About New York Slip and Fall Accidents

Some of the common types of slip and fall and trip and fall accidents in New York City include:

In a situation where a person is injured in a slip and fall, the property owner may be liable if:

  • He or she caused the unsafe condition, such as spilling liquid and not mopping it up
  • He or she knew about the dangerous condition but did not take steps to correct it
  • He or she should have known about the hazard because a reasonable person taking care of the property would have discovered and corrected the dangerous condition.

If you have fallen and been injured on someone else’s property, you should report your accident to the property owner as soon as possible. Gather names, addresses and the telephone numbers of any eyewitnesses. It is helpful to take pictures of where your injuries occurred before the property owner can fix the hazard. This will make it easier to prove that your slip and fall was the result of the property owner’s negligence. Immediately seek medical treatment for all injuries and follow all doctors’ recommendations for treatment.

Keep copies of all of your medical bills (even those paid by insurance) and off-work slips. You may also want to keep a diary to record your thoughts about your medical treatment or the pain and suffering caused by your injuries. Stained, soiled and torn clothing and shoes worn at the time of the fall are important evidence, too. They should be set aside and not washed or worn anymore. Try to obtain a copy of any incident report written by the business where you fell. Doing these things will help our office prepare your case.

Get Help from Our New York City Slip & Fall Lawyers

The Slip/trip and fall accident lawyers of David Resnick & Associates, PC, have the experience to assess each set of circumstances to determine whether there was negligence by the property owner, if the negligence was a factor in the injury and what insurance coverage is available, so that our clients can get a full and fair recovery for their injury.

If you or someone you love has been injured and you are seeking legal representation for a slip and fall accident in New York, we would like to meet with you. Please contact our office to set up an appointment to discuss your case.

Please call us at 212-279-2000 or use our online contact form here.