Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer - Car Accidents, Slip & Fall, Construction Accidents
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., is a personal injury law firm that has been proudly serving clients on Staten Island since 1998. Prior to starting his own firm, attorney David Resnick developed skills like effective communication, personalized care for each client, and conscientiousness at other firms, learning how to be the goal-oriented, driven personal injury attorney that New York injury victims need.
Personal Injury, Car Accident and Slip & Fall Attorneys Serving Charleston
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., has offices located in Midtown Manhattan at 450 7th Avenue, Suite 409, approximately 45 minutes by car from Charleston. Our office is one block west of Herald Square and across the street from the Subway entrance for the 1, 2, and 3 lines at Penn Station.
Via public transportation, the trip from Charleston to our firm’s office is approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes in travel time. Our office can be reached from Charleston via the S78, X1, S53, and S74 bus routes, some of which also require travelers to make use of the Subway system to reach our location.
If it is not convenient for you to come to our Manhattan office, a representative of our firm can come to your Staten Island location to discuss your case with you.
Charleston is a historic neighborhood that dates back to the 17th century. In its early days, it was known as Androvetteville because of the prominence of the Androvette family in the area. Later, it became known as Charleston. Today, Charleston is a bustling suburban neighborhood that borders Arthur Kill, Tottenville, and Pleasant Plains on Staten Island’s South Shore. Charleston is perhaps best known as the location of Clay Pit Ponds State Park Preserve, a large nature preserve.
Charleston Legal Information
In Charleston, civil cases are handled at the Richmond County branch of the New York City Civil Court, which is located at 927 Castleton Avenue.
For cases that exceed the jurisdiction of this local court, Charleston residents are served by the Supreme Court of New York, Richmond County. This courthouse is located at 26 Central Avenue, Staten Island, NY 10301.
For federal cases, Charleston and the rest of Staten Island is served by the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York. This court has two locations: 225 Cadman Plaza East, Brooklyn, NY 11201, and 100 Federal Plaza, Central Islip, NY 11722.
Our Charleston Personal Injury Lawyer Practice Areas
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., we are committed to working with injury victims and their families to seek the compensation they need after being involved in serious accidents. Our core practice areas are as follows:
- Slip and Fall Claims. When an individual slips and falls because of a property owner’s failure to maintain a safe environment on his or her property, the victim may seek compensation through a premises liability claim. Slips and falls can lead to a variety of injuries, some life-altering. Our Charleston slip and fall attorneys can assist you.
- Car and Other Vehicle Accidents. Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury claims filed in the United States. This type of claim covers a variety of accident types, including motorcycle and commercial truck collisions. You may seek compensation for your losses even if you were partially at fault for your accident. Our Charleston car accident lawyers are prepared to fight for your right to recovery.
- Work and Construction Accidents. Accidents and injuries can happen in any type of workplace, but are especially prevalent in workplaces where employees perform physical labor and labor involving heavy machinery. A workplace injury victim can seek workers’ compensation to cover some needs, but this compensation can be inadequate or not applicable to a specific accident type, necessitating a personal injury claim.
- Wrongful Death. When an individual dies as a result of an injury caused by another party’s negligence, his or her loved ones may be able to recover compensation for their losses through a wrongful death claim. This compensation can cover funeral costs, medical bills, lost wages, and the loss of companionship.
- Lead Poisoning. Lead-based paint was banned in 1978, but can be found in older homes and commercial buildings throughout New York City. Exposure to lead can result in both mental and physical disabilities, especially if the individual was exposed to lead during his or her childhood.
What to Expect When You Contact Our Charleston Law Firm
During your initial consultation with David Resnick & Associates, P.C., you can expect us to listen to all of your concerns and answer your legal questions candidly. To get a better understanding of your case and how we can help you, we may ask you for the following:
- The official police report of your accident.
- Testimonies from witnesses to your accident and your loved ones regarding your injury.
- Photographs of the accident.
- Records of your medical bills and lost wages.
If you choose our firm to handle your case, we will pursue damages for your medical bills, lost wages, household expenses, and pain and suffering on your behalf.
Contact a Charleston Personal Injury Attorney Lawyer
For quality representation and legal advice you can trust, contact our team of personal injury attorneys at David Resnick & Associates, P.C., to schedule your initial legal consultation with us. Do not wait to begin working with our firm – the sooner you begin working on your personal injury claim, the better your chance of receiving an appropriate settlement.