Glendale Personal Injury Lawyer - Car Accidents, Slip & Fall, Construction Accidents
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., and our team of personal injury attorneys are here to assist you if you have been injured in a personal injury accident. Our firm’s slip and fall attorneys and car accident lawyers serve the Queens neighborhood of Glendale and are committed to providing our clients with experienced and aggressive legal representation. Contact our firm today and learn how we can assist you following a personal injury accident.
Personal Injury, Car Accident and Slip & Fall Attorneys Serving Glendale
Our New York City personal injury law firm is located in Manhattan at 450 Seventh Avenue, approximately one-half hour’s drive away from Glendale. You can reach us by traveling west on I-495 W. We are also accessible by public transportation. The City of New York’s official website can provide you with additional information regarding rail and bus transportation, including links to schedules and routes. We are located within walking distance of Madison Square Garden and the Empire State Building. Of course, if you are not able to make it to us because of your injury or other limitations, a member of our legal team can travel to Glendale to meet with you there.
Glendale is a middle-class neighborhood within Queens bordered by the Long Island Rail Road to the north and east and Cooper Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue to the west. It is surrounded by Forest Hills, Ridgewood, Woodhaven, and Kew Gardens. The 1970s sitcom All in the Family’s main character Archie Bunker lived in Glendale on Cooper Avenue. One of Glendale’s bars (Cooper’s Ale House) makes an appearance in another sitcom, The King of Queens, as a local bar.
Glendale Legal Information
Knowing where to file your personal injury lawsuit in Glendale is important. Your attorney will assist you in determining which court is the most appropriate forum to hear and decide your case based upon how much in damages you are claiming and who the alleged negligent parties are.
- For cases involving $25,000 or less in damages, your case may be brought in the New York City Civil Court, Queens County Branch in Jamaica, New York.
- For cases involving more than $25,000 in alleged damages, the New York Supreme Court will be the court that has jurisdiction over your case.
- If a federal law is at issue in your case, or if the alleged negligent party is out-of-state and your damages exceed $75,000, the case may be brought in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
The choice of court is an important decision in your personal injury case and one that should be made with the assistance of an experienced Glendale personal injury lawyer.
Our Glendale Personal Injury Lawyer Practice Areas
Our personal injury attorneys are able to assist you and your loved ones recover compensation after a variety of personal injury accidents, including:
- Slip & fall accidents/trip & fall injuries: Property owners who allow dangerous or hazardous conditions to remain on their property may be held liable for any injuries that these conditions cause to others.
- Car, truck, and/or motorcycle accidents: A motor vehicle accident caused by the negligence or carelessness of a driver can result in serious injuries to other drivers and passengers.
- Work & construction accidents: Where a workplace injury is caused by a third party other than your employer, you may be entitled to bring a third-party workplace injury lawsuit to recover damages in addition to workers’ compensation benefits.
- Wrongful death: A fatal accident resulting from another person’s carelessness or recklessness can leave a grieving family having to pay serious medical and funeral expenses. A wrongful death lawsuit can help address these costs.
- Lead poisoning: The dangers of lead are well-known today, but in the recent past lead was a common ingredient in many products. Those who were exposed to lead without being informed of the potential dangers and who have now developed health complications may be entitled to compensation.
What to Expect When You Contact Our Glendale Law Firm
Speaking with a New York City personal injury lawyer can be intimidating. Our compassionate and competent team of legal professionals and attorneys are committed to helping you understand the civil legal system and how our firm may be able to help you recover economic and noneconomic damages.
When you meet with us during your initial consultation, we will want to discuss with you the details of your injury accident and review any documents or photographs you may have. This will enable us to provide you with the most accurate legal advice possible.
Contact a Glendale Personal Injury Attorney Today
Following a personal injury accident in Glendale or elsewhere in Queens, you only have a limited amount of time in which to assert your rights and seek compensation. Rely upon the experience and knowledge of David Resnick & Associates, P.C., to help you successfully obtain the monetary damages you need. Contact our firm today by telephone or by completing our online form.