Personal Injury Law Firm in Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn
Vinegar Hill is a six-block Brooklyn neighborhood that was originally named after Ireland’s 1798 Battle of Vinegar Hill in hopes of attracting Irish immigrants. The East River waterfront location between Dumbo and the Brooklyn Navy Yard means that the neighborhood receives more than its share of visitors. This also means that serious accidents can happen to both New Yorkers and out-of-towners.
David Resnick & Associates has been helping accident victims all over New York City for more than two decades. Our law office is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan. We serve accident victims in all five boroughs of New York City. Our small firm has recovered millions of dollars for our personal injury clients, and if you’ve been hurt, we’ll be ready to stand up for you.
We take great pride in providing personal attention. We will take the time to get to know you and understand how your injuries have affected your life. English- and Spanish-speaking staff members at David Resnick & Associates are ready to answer all of your legal questions, so don’t hesitate to reach out to us for help.
If you suffered serious injuries or your loved one was harmed or killed due to someone else’s negligence in Vinegar Hill, seek qualified and compassionate legal guidance from an experienced N.Y. personal injury lawyer.
David Resnick & Associates fights for injured victims in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Communication, compassion, and personal attention are the hallmarks of our law practice. Call (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to set up a free consultation with a Vinegar Hill accident attorney.
Vinegar Hill Brooklyn Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our accident lawyers in Brooklyn handle a wide variety of injury claims stemming from many kinds of accidents. Some of the most common accident scenarios that we help people with include:
- Construction accidents — The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) lists the four leading causes of fatalities in the construction industry. They include electrical hazards, fall hazards, struck-by hazards, and caught-in-or-between hazards. Construction accidents are not strictly limited to workers on job sites. People walking by a construction site or visitors can be severely injured in accidents as well.
- Slip and fall accidents — When someone slips or trips and falls in Vinegar Hill, the property owner could be liable for the resulting damages. A property owner has an obligation to maintain safe premises for all guests and must correct any hazards or warn visitors about them. A Vinegar Hill lawyer may be able to gather evidence showing the accident was caused by the property owner’s failure to correct a hazardous condition.
- Taxi accidents — Taxi cabs are common in New York City, and they can easily be involved in a number of different motor vehicle accidents. People could be injured while they are passengers in taxis or while riding in other vehicles that collide with taxis. Some victims could also be pedestrians or bicyclists.
- Car accidents — Many Brooklyn residents own motor vehicles, and car crashes are one of the most common causes of serious injuries. Negligent drivers are responsible for the damage they cause. A car accident lawyer at David Resnick & Associates can review your Vinegar Hill car accident and discuss your legal options for recovering compensation.
- Lead poisoning —Older commercial or residential buildings and schools have an obligation to minimize the possibility of lead poisoning. Their owners could be held liable for failure to correct lead poisoning issues.
- Premises liability — Unsafe conditions on a property may cause an accident. Property owners have a legal duty to maintain property is safe condition and warn of foreseeable hazards because of unsafe property conditions. Many insurance companies try to blame premises liability accidents entirely on a victim. A Vinegar Hill accident attorney can stand up firmly for you in dealings with the insurers.
- Pedestrian accidents — People frequently believe that they are less likely to be involved in accidents while traveling on foot. Walking in Brooklyn can be dangerous, however. For example, negligent drivers or bicyclists may strike pedestrians. Other accidents can stem from negligent property owners.
- Wrongful death — The sudden death of a loved one can be an extremely trying time for members of the deceased person’s family. It is important for the family to realize that they may be entitled to pursue compensation from the party at fault for their loved one’s death.
- Tour bus accidents — As a worldwide tourist attraction, multiple companies in New York City provide bus tours of the city, including buses that run through Vinegar Hill. Passengers could be injured on such tours or as occupants of other vehicles involved in crashes with the buses, possibly even as pedestrians or bicyclists. The tour bus company may be liable for injuries to passengers.
- Motorcycle accidents — While New York requires all motorcyclists and their passengers to wear helmets, such protection can only reduce the chances of a serious head injury. In most accidents, catastrophic bodily injury is a real possibility.
- Window guard accidents — Buildings where children age 10 or younger reside are required to have window guards. If a child falls from a window without a guard or with a guard that was improperly installed, the building owner could be responsible for damages.
- Public transportation accidents — The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) operates a number of public transit lines that serve Vinegar Hill. The York Street station (F train) and the High Street station (A and C trains) for the New York City subway are located in Vinegar Hill, and the B62 and B67 buses also serve the neighborhood.
- Trucking accidents — A commercial truck accident is more complicated to resolve because it is typically involves multiple parties and multiple insurance companies. In addition to a truck driver, other negligent parties may include the trucking company owner, the maintenance company, or possibly even another motorist.
- Dog bites — While most dog bites do not result in serious injuries, there are some that require extensive medical attention and cause permanent scarring or disfigurement. If the dog had a history of aggressive behavior or the attack occurred while the dog was not under supervision, the dog owner may be liable for the injuries.
- Amusement park accidents — Some of the amusement parks in the New York City area include Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Santa’s Workshop, Fantasy Island, Adventureland, Six Flags Darien Lake Theme Park, Midway State Park, Seabreeze Amusement Park, Sylvan Beach Amusement Park, Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, Luna Park at Coney Island, Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, and Playland Amusement Park. Visitors could be injured in accidents on unsafe rides and the amusement park may be liable.
Whatever kind of accident you are involved in, medical attention should be your first step. This is true even when you do not think you were seriously hurt. An insurance company is likely to argue that your injuries are unrelated to the accident if you end up seeing a doctor several weeks or months later when delayed symptoms appear.
What to Expect When Hiring A Vinegar Hill Car Accident Attorney
When you hire Vinegar Hill accident lawyer David Resnick and his team, we will immediately commence an independent investigation of your accident. We will seek to determine the cause of your accident and who can be held legally liable.
Chances are that you will be contacted by an insurance company. An insurance adjuster may express concern for your condition and promise to help you. Keep in mind that the insurance company is never on your side.
An insurer may offer you a lump-sum settlement to resolve your case, but you must know that whatever you are being offered is probably far less than the fair value of your claim. Don’t settle for a lowball offer. David Resnick & Associates will negotiate a truly fair and full settlement of your case. While we are successful in settling most injury claims, our Vinegar Hill lawyers won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit when necessary to seek justice for you and your family in court if the insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement.
Personal injury cases involving $25,000 or less in damages in Vinegar Hill are heard in a New York City Civil Court. The civil court in Vinegar Hill is located at:
Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Cases involving more than $25,000 in damages are heard in the Kings County Supreme Court, located at:
Kings County Supreme Court
360 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Federal cases are heard in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, located at:
225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Vinegar Hill Accident Lawyer David Resnick and his team of respected trial attorneys have a record of success that includes recovering over $60 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Contact Our Brooklyn Vinegar Hill Accident Attorneys Today
Did you suffer catastrophic injuries or was your loved one harmed or killed as a result of someone else’s negligence or recklessness in Vinegar Hill? David Resnick & Associates’ Brooklyn accident lawyers are proud to represent injury victims and their families in Brooklyn and across the five boroughs. If you’ve been hurt, we can help.