Personal Injury Lawyers in Park Slope, Brooklyn
Serious accidents can happen anywhere in New York City including Park Slope.
If you have been injured in a car accident or other type of accident in Park Slope and you believe that someone else caused the accident, David Resnick & Associates would like to review the details of the accident. A Park Slope injury lawyer at David Resnick & Associates can discuss your legal options during a free consultation.
Unfortunately, accidents can and do occur frequently in Park Slope. When they do, the experienced attorneys at David Resnick & Associates are here to help. Our office is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan, near Madison Square Garden.
About Resnick & Associates
David Resnick and his team have been helping residents of Park Slope and elsewhere in New York for more than 20 years.
We have staff fluent in English and Spanish, and we can answer all your questions about your case.
We focus on providing each client one-on-one attention.
Car Accident Attorneys Serving Park Slope, Brooklyn
New York City is known worldwide for its heavy traffic conditions, and accidents happen every day.
The Park Slope community of Brooklyn has become one of the most desirable neighborhoods of New York City. Primarily a residential area, Park Slope features historic buildings like Memorial Presbyterian Church (1883) and the Montauk Club (1891), cultural spots such as the Brooklyn Public Library and the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music, and numerous top-rated restaurants, bars and shops. But Park Slope has it share of crashes and pedestrian accidents.
If you or a loved one has been in a car accident, you may be going through a difficult time. You may be struggling to recover physically and psychologically from the traumatic experience and overwhelmed by medical bills and dealing with insurance companies.
An experienced Park Slope car accident lawyer at David Resnick & Associates is available to answer your questions and discuss how to maximize your injury claim. We know that you’re going through a lot right now, and our goal is to get you the money you need to rebuild your life while you focus on your health and your family’s well-being.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
At David Resnick & Associates, our attorneys have specific experience and a track record of success handling the following types of injury cases:
Motor vehicle accidents, including
- Car accidents – Cars are everywhere on the streets in Park Slope. An experienced Park Slope accident lawyer is a must to determine liability and to help you pursue a compensation claim involving another at-fault driver.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable in collisions with other vehicles on crowded New York streets. Riders lack the protection a car or truck has and often suffer devastating injuries in accidents. A Park Slop motorcycle accident lawyer can fight for full compensation for you.
- Taxi accidents – New York taxicabs drive aggressively. Taxis must follow the same laws of the road that others do, as well as regulations that apply to taxis. If you have been injured in an accident involving a taxi, you may have a right to seek compensation from the taxi driver, and the taxi company that owns the taxi may also be liable.
- Pedestrian accidents – Park Slope is a walkable community. Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable in a collision with a car or other motor vehicle because they are not protected. In such an accident, compensation can be even more important because the injuries a pedestrian sustains can be so devastating.
- Trucking accidents – These crashes can be devastating since commercial vehicles weigh many tons more than a standard car. There are complicated liability issues in these cases, as the trucking company, the driver, and the truck manufacturer all must abide by state and federal regulations. Insurance payouts can be large, so these cases can be particularly contentious. If you have been injured in an accident caused by a truck driver, contact a Park Slope truck accident lawyer to discuss your legal rights.
- Public transportation accidents – New York has one of the largest public transit systems in the world, composed of the subway system, trains, buses, and ferries. Injuries often occur while entering, riding, and exiting public transportation systems. A number of subway trains including the 2, 3, B, D, G, N Q and R trains serve Park Slope’s main streets. Filing an injury claim against a New York public transit operator involves special notification requirements so it is important to consult a knowledgeable Park Slope lawyer promptly after an accident.
- School bus accidents – Injury accidents are all the more devastating when children are involved. There are special laws involving school buses that other drivers may violate, putting children’s lives and safety in danger.
- Recreational boating accidents – There are many waterways to enjoy in the New York City area, and accidents on boats occur frequently and could result in severe injuries.
- City tour boat accidents – Whether you are a tourist or a resident who was hurt in a tour boat accident, our legal team can help you.
- Tour bus accidents – Tour buses are responsible for many riders at once. The tour bus company, as well as the driver, may bear responsibility for injuries caused in an accident.
- City bus accidents – The New York Metropolitan Transit Authority runs the city bus system, and there are special claim procedures involved in obtaining compensation from the transit authority, which our firm can help you with.
Premises Liability Claims
- Slip and fall – Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common premises liability claims. Park Slope property owners are responsible for maintaining their property and warning of potential dangers.
- Inadequate security – If a crime, such as an assault, robbery, or murder occurs, the owner of the premises may be liable. It is the property owner’s responsibility to replace burned out security lights and take reasonable steps to prevent criminal activity on the property.
- Amusement park accidents – New York City has numerous amusement parks. Amusement companies, operators, and ride manufacturers are responsible for ensuring the safety of their equipment. These companies must also ensure that their parks are hazard-free.
Other Injury Claims We Handle
- Consumer class actions and mass torts – Product manufacturers must ensure that the items they produce and sell are safe and that the products feature warnings about any possible hazards associated with their use. If a customer suffers harm from an unsafe product, whether medication, food items, or other consumer goods, the manufacturer can be held liable.
- Dog bites – Dogs can be wonderful friends and companions, but some can be unpredictable and attack, causing severe injury. The dog’s owner is required to keep the animal from harming others and may be found negligent if it bites or otherwise hurts a bystander in an unprovoked attack.
- Traumatic brain injury – This type of injury can completely change a person’s life, requiring long-term and expensive medical bills. It can be caused by a car accident, a fall, a construction accident, or even violence. It is essential to hold any negligent parties accountable to prevent others from suffering and to obtain necessary compensation.
- Wrongful death – If a person loses their life as a result of negligence, their family members and loved ones may have a right to bring a wrongful death suit against the negligent party. Compensation could cover burial expenses as well as the loss of household income.
Construction is underway in New York, and the heavy equipment and constantly changing work conditions of these sites mean that accidents are a significant concern. Typically, construction workers in New York are limited in their ability to sue their employer, but there may be other companies working on the same job site that share liability for accidents that occur.
The attorneys at David Resnick & Associates are experienced in New York construction law and can help you pursue a claim for compensation if you’ve been hurt in a:
- Scaffolding accident – Scaffolding is one of the more dangerous areas of construction. Scaffolding structures are not always stable, and if they collapse, a worker may suffer traumatic injuries.
- Falls from elevation – Depending on the height from which you fell, this type of accident can cause severe head or spinal injuries, broken bones, internal organ damage, and other severe injuries. While worker’s compensation offers some benefits, the severity of the injuries may require more than what worker’s comp provides.
- Falling object accidents – Proving negligence from a falling object injury requires knowledge of the construction industry and applicable N.Y. building codes. We work with experts to determine if a lack of safety measures or faulty equipment was to blame for the accident.
- Crane and vehicular accidents – Construction vehicles are large and specialized pieces of machinery and require special care and expertise to operate. Cases involving construction equipment are often complicated, as equipment manufacturers, as well as operators, may hold some responsibility.
- Electrocution – Construction sites are often high-voltage areas. Machinery, lighting, and electrical wiring all offer the potential for serious injury. Proper maintenance and inspections are required to ensure the safety of all electrical equipment.
Lead poisoning incidents, including autism from exposure to lead
Park Slope is famous for its historic architecture. Older buildings, especially those constructed before 1978, often contain toxic lead-based paint, which can be harmful.
Children are particularly at risk from exposure to lead paint, and lead poisoning has been linked to autism-like symptoms in children. An older school or apartment building may be liable for lead poisoning if they have not brought their maintenance up to modern standards.
What to Expect When You Call our Injury Attorneys
When you call David Resnick & Associates, an attorney will review all the circumstances of your accident and discuss all of the legal options available to you. If you decide to hire David Resnick & Associates, we will conduct a thorough investigation into your accident, and we’ll move quickly to identify and preserve all of the relevant evidence necessary to build a convincing case to get you the compensation you deserve.
It is important to be aware that in the aftermath of a serious injury accident, victims will often be contacted by the negligent party’s insurance representatives. A claims adjuster might appear to be friendly and will often express concern for your situation. They might even try to convince you not to hire a lawyer to represent you, and may tell you that their intention is to pay you fairly for the harm you’ve suffered.
Don’t fall for the insurance company’s tricks and tactics. These individuals work for the insurance company, and they’re trained to protect the company’s bottom-line, at all costs. Promises of fair compensation often prove to be low-ball settlement offers designed to make you go away. Recorded statements that you give are often turned against you later to make it seem like you were at fault for your injuries. Assurances that you’ll receive money faster if you don’t file an injury claim or lawsuit will usually result in denials, delays in payment, or a diminished offer.
Be sure to contact an experienced injury attorney who will focus on getting you fair compensation based on your injuries and other losses. Your lawyer will negotiate for a settlement that accounts for all of the losses you’ve incurred and will incur due to your injuries. If the company refuses to compensate you fairly, your attorney will be prepared to take them to court.
If a lawsuit is necessary, several courts in Brooklyn and across New York City could potentially hear your case. If your case involves damages of $25,000 or less, it will likely be heard in a civil court. In Park Slope, the civil court that hears these cases will be:
Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
If your case involves damages in excess of $25,000, it will likely be heard in New York City Supreme Court, located at:
New York County Supreme Court
60 Centre Street
New York, NY 10007
For cases that are considered federal matters, a U.S. District Court will hear the case. In New York, this court is:
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
500 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10007
Contact Our Park Slope Personal Injury Law Firm Today
Since 1998, the personal injury lawyers at David Resnick & Associates have provided legal representation to residents of Park Slope. We pride ourselves on our extensive knowledge and experience with New York injury law and our dedication to each client who reaches out to us for help.
Our team does much more than just handle injury cases. Our goal is to help you move on to a better, brighter future. Call us at (212) 279-2000 or toll-free at (888) 797-0199, or fill out a contact form for a free initial evaluation of your case.