Personal Injury Lawyers in Gowanus, Brooklyn
Gowanus is a neighborhood in the northwestern area of Brooklyn that is bounded by Wyckoff Street to the north, Fourth Avenue to the east, Interstate 278 (I-278) or the Gowanus Expressway to the south, and Bond Street to the west.
If you have been injured in a car accident or other personal injury accident in Gowanus, have an experienced Gowanus personal injury lawyer review the details of the accident and explain your legal options. For more than two decades, David Resnick & Associates has helped people hurt in accidents caused by others’ negligence or disregard for safety. Our law firm is located in Midtown Manhattan near Madison Square Garden. We are a bilingual firm capable of assisting clients in English or Spanish.
Any person who has sustained serious injuries in an accident in the Gowanus area should contact David Resnick & Associates as soon as possible. When you work with David Resnick & Associates, you will receive one-on-one attention. We care about your recovery and want to be sure you are receiving all the medical care needed. We have recovered over $150 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Call (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to receive a free consultation.
Gowanus, Brooklyn Personal Injury Areas Of Practice
Serious or catastrophic injury accidents can happen anywhere, and at any time. The attorneys at David Resnick & Associates have extensive experience handling injury claims. Some of the most common kinds of accident cases we handle include:
- Car Accidents —Car accidents are among the most common types of injury cases our law firm handles. A Gowanus car accident lawyer at David Resnick & Associates is prepared to help you whether you were hurt as a driver or a passenger in a collision.
- Wrongful Death — If a person dies due to a reckless or intentional act of someone else, surviving family members are forced to deal with tremendous grief and financial challenges afterward. A wrongful death lawsuit can help family members recover compensation to regain financial stability.
- Trucking Accidents — New York City is a major destination for commercial trucks. If a commercial truck causes an accident, the truck driver, the trucking company, owner of the cargo, or company that loaded the truck may share responsibility for the crash and be liable for your injuries. Identifying the at-fault parties after a truck accident requires an experienced truck accident lawyer.
- Dog Bites —Dog attacks can be vicious and traumatic encounters that leave the victim with lasting physical and emotional scars. Dog bite victims may have the right to seek compensation, typically through the dog’s owner’s homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Motorcycles lack the safety features that cars and trucks have. As a result, a motorcycle crash may result in severe or potentially fatal injury.
- Slip and Fall Accidents — A slip and fall accident refers accidents in which a person is hurt due to a dangerous property condition. The property owner or manager may be legally liable for failing to address the hazard or to warn adequately of the unsafe condition.
- Pedestrian Accidents — People frequently walk to destinations in Gowanus. Pedestrians may suffer serious injuries if a motorist runs a red light or fails to see a pedestrian in an intersection crosswalk. A driver who is at fault for a pedestrian accident may be held accountable through a personal injury lawsuit for the pedestrian’s injuries and related losses.
- Public Transportation Accidents — The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) operates the rail and bus systems in New York City. When an accident happens at a subway station or a bus station, the MTA may be liable for the victim’s injuries, depending on the circumstances.
- Taxi Accidents — A person could be injured in a taxi accident while a passenger in a taxi, or as an occupant of another vehicle involved in the collision with the taxi.
- School Bus Accidents — A school bus accident may cause injuries to students aboard the bus or to pedestrians or others struck by a school bus. Injury claims involving a school bus accident require the knowledge of a lawyer experienced at filing claims against agencies that are shielded by sovereign immunity. There are special notice requirements for this type of claim, so it is important to contact a Gowanus school bus accident attorney promptly.
- Tour Bus Accidents —Tour buses are a common sight across the city. If an accident happens, the driver, the company, and other entities could share responsibility for the crash, depending on the specific circumstances.
- City Tour Boat Accidents —Negligent operation or maintenance of tour boats could cause severe and possibly fatal injury accidents. The tour boat operator and other entities could be held liable for the accident.
- Amusement Park Accidents — The operator of an amusement park may be held liable for injuries caused by an unsafe ride or property condition. Amusement parks in the New York City area include Midway State Park, Adventureland, Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, Six Flags Darien Lake Theme Park, Luna Park at Coney Island, Seabreeze Amusement Park, Fantasy Island, Sylvan Beach Amusement Park, Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Santa’s Workshop, Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, and Playland Amusement Park.
- Window Guard Accidents — Window guards are required on all buildings in New York City in which the tenants include a child 10 years of age or younger. Landlords may be liable for not installing window guards, installing window guards that were defective, or failing to maintain window guards.
- Construction Accidents — Construction is a dangerous industry known for serious injuries and fatalities, but workers harmed in accidents on the job are often entitled to compensation when they are harmed because of an employer’s or another party’s negligence.
- Lead Poisoning — There are a number of older buildings in Gowanus that have lead paint risks that schools, landlords, or other entities could be responsible for removing. Some parties can be held liable for failure to reduce or eliminate lead paint exposure risks.
No matter what kind of accident you have been involved in, do not wait to contact David Resnick & Associates. You have a limited amount of time to take legal action to recover compensation. It is crucial to hire an injury lawyer to help you seek justice.
What To Expect If When Hiring A Car Accident Attorney in Gowanus, Brooklyn
When you hire David Resnick & Associates, you’ll benefit from the extensive experience of a team of trial-tested injury attorneys on your side. For more than two decades, our law firm has helped individuals in Gowanus and greater Brooklyn seek fair compensation after injury accidents.
We’ve recovered more than $150 million for our clients, and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you. When you reach out to us, we’ll immediately arrange a consultation to listen to your story and review the details of your injury. We’ll discuss whether you have a valid personal injury claim and discuss your legal options, free of charge.
If you decide to hire us, we’ll fight for full and fair compensation for you. We believe that no accident victim should have to pay out of pocket for serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence. As your personal injury attorney, we will seek a fair settlement from the negligent party’s insurance company. If the insurer declines to offer you a reasonable settlement our trial attorneys will be prepared to go to court to seek justice for you.
It’s our goal to get you the right medical treatment, ongoing care, and financial support you need to live your life with dignity after a serious accident. Our law firm handles personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. If we don’t secure money for your injury claim, then we don’t get paid a legal fee.
Courts in Brooklyn
Courts in New York City handle certain kinds of cases depending on the amount of damages involved. When a case involves $25,000 or less in damages, it is heard in a New York City Civil Court. For Gowanus, the civil court is located at:
Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
A personal injury case involving more than $25,000 in damages is heard in the New York County Supreme Court located at:
New York County Supreme Court
60 Centre Street
New York, NY 10007
Cases that are federal matters are heard in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, located at:
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
500 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10007
David Resnick & Associates has been helping injury victims since 1998. A lawyer can meet with you in your home or hospital room if your injuries limit your mobility and you cannot come to our office.
Contact Our Gowanus, Brooklyn Slip and Fall Law Firm Today
Were you hurt in an accident in Gowanus or a surrounding area of Brooklyn? Turn to a legal team with more than two decades of experience helping people seek full and fair compensation. Contact David Resnick & Associates today, and take advantage of our commitment to excellence for every client we represent. You can reach us by calling (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.