Brooklyn Navy Yard Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have sustained an injury in Brooklyn Navy Yard or anywhere in Brooklyn, you need the guidance of an experienced New York City injury attorney. David Resnick & Associates represents people who have been injured in accidents as a result of others’ negligence.
Our attorneys speak English and Spanish and are committed to providing one-on-one attention to clients. We can discuss your legal questions in your preferred language. We are committed to helping you seek full compensation for your injuries to help you move forward.
If you have been injured at or near Brooklyn Navy Yard, contact David Resnick & Associates today if you need legal assistance.
Personal Injury, Car Accident and Slip and Fall Attorneys Serving Brooklyn Navy Yard
David Resnick & Associates was founded in 1998 and has grown into a successful, small New York City personal injury law firm. The firm has a strong track record with more than $60 million in verdicts and settlements for clients. Our attorneys are often successful in negotiating a fair settlement without taking a case to trial.
David Resnick & Associates has law offices located in midtown Manhattan at 450 7th Avenue, Suite 409. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get from Brooklyn Navy Yard to midtown Manhattan, depending on traffic. Our law offices are located near Madison Square Garden, the Empire State Building, Herald Square, and the 34th Street-Penn subway station.
The Brooklyn Navy Yard is an industrial complex and former shipyard located in New York City that is undergoing redevelopment. The 300-acre Brooklyn Navy Yard is part of the Wallabout neighborhood and has been redeveloped as an industrial area with 330 companies that employ approximately 7000 people. The Yard is currently undergoing its largest expansion since World War II.
Our attorneys are committed to serving those who work at Brooklyn Navy Yard and residents of neighborhoods surrounding the Yard. It’s not hard to reach David Resnick & Associates office, which is convenient to several subway stations including 34th Street-Penn Station and the 34th Street Herald Square Station.
If your injuries limit your mobility and it is difficult for you to visit our law office in Manhattan, a representative of David Resnick & Associates can come to your New York City location to discuss your case with you.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Practice Areas
The attorneys at David Resnick & Associates have experience advocating for individuals who has sustained injuries in a variety of accidents, including:
- Slip and fall injuries—If you have suffered a slip, trip or fall accident at Brooklyn Navy Yard, we can determine the liability of the property owner where the accident occurred and seek compensation on your behalf.
- Car accidents—If you have been injured in a car accident or other motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to demand compensation from the driver who caused the crash to cover your medical bills and other expenses. Liability in a car accident can be complicated, especially if more than one driver is partially at fault. You need an experienced Brooklyn Navy Yard car accident lawyer to help you prove the other driver’s fault and pursue full compensation.
- Construction accidents—Construction accidents and work site accidents are common in Brooklyn Navy Yard, leaving injured workers with medical bills and lasting disabilities in some cases. Our Brooklyn Navy Yard construction accident lawyers can pursue compensation for you if you have a personal injury claim and help you pursue compensation to support yourself and your family.
- Wrongful death—When the preventable death of a loved one occurred as a result of the wrongful act of another, the victim’s immediate family should talk with a compassionate attorney about the situation and the family’s legal rights. A wrongful death settlement may provide financial stability to a family that has lost a loved one whose income had helped support the household.
- Lead poisoning—Lead-based paint can still be found on older buildings in Brooklyn Navy Yard and throughout New York City, although it has been banned since 1978. Exposure to lead causes mental and physical disabilities, particularly exposures to children. If you have been harmed by exposure to lead, we can help you pursue a lead poisoning claim.
Brooklyn Navy Yard Legal Information
In Brooklyn and throughout New York City, small claims of under $25,000 are heard at New York City Civil Court. The Kings Civil Court is located at 141 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201. It’s at the corner of Livingston and Smith streets in downtown Brooklyn.
The New York Supreme Court is the trial court that has general jurisdiction over civil cases involving more than $25,000 in dispute.
The local Supreme Court for Brooklyn is the Kings County Supreme Court, which handles cases involving personal injuries and serious motor vehicle accidents in Brooklyn Navy Yard and the surrounding areas of Brooklyn. The Kings County Supreme Court is located at 360 Adams Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201.
The local federal court handling federal lawsuit cases arising at Brooklyn Navy Yard and elsewhere in Brooklyn is the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York. This court is located at 225 Cadman Plaza East, Brooklyn, NY 11201.
What To Expect When Hiring A Personal Injury Attorney
During the initial meeting with David Resnick & Associates, a member of the law firm will review the details of the accident with you and discuss your legal options.
Some of the ways that our attorneys can understand your case include:
- Reading the police accident report describing your accident
- Reviewing statements of witnesses to your accident
- Looking at photos of the accident and your injuries
- Examining your medical records
Our attorneys are skilled at negotiating with insurance companies. We can usually resolve a claim without having to go to trial. However, if the insurance company refuses to offer a settlement and to treat our client fairly, our seasoned trial attorneys will be ready to seek justice in Kings County court.
Schedule a free consultation with an experienced attorney at David Resnick & Associates, P.C. to discuss whether you have a case by calling 917-722-1852 or contacting us online.
Contact Our Brooklyn Navy Yard Slip and Fall Law Firm Today
Do not delay in contacting our Brooklyn Navy Yard injury lawyers for a free consultation. We are available by phone or contact us online for a no-obligation consultation about your injury. Take the first step and start working with an attorney who will seek full compensation for you.