Personal Injury Law Firm in Admiral's Row
The revitalization of Brooklyn’s historic Admiral’s Row — a row of ten houses dating from the late 1800s and used by naval officers until the 1970s — has created a flurry of construction activity with the development of a mixed-use space including a Wegmans supermarket, other retail shops as well as industrial and office space at the former Brooklyn Navy Yard. If you have been injured in an accident at Admiral’s Row or the Yard, you’ll need an experienced lawyer to assist. Turn to the experienced Admiral’s Row injury attorneys at David Resnick & Associates for help.
David Resnick & Associates is conveniently located in Midtown Manhattan and has been helping personal injury victims all over New York City for more than 20 years. As a small firm, we provide the one-on-one attention that our clients deserve. You won’t be just another case file to us. Our dedicated staff is available to answer questions in English or Spanish, helping you each step along the way. We believe it’s important to give back to the communities we serve. We honor local veterans through an annual grant.
If you suffered serious injuries or your loved one was killed in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence in Admiral’s Row, make sure that you consult with an attorney right away. David Resnick & Associates, P.C., represents clients all over New York City and offers free consultations.
Our firm has recovered more than $60 million in verdicts and settlements for your clients. Call (917) 722-1852 or contact us online to set up a free consultation.
Brooklyn Admiral’s Row Personal Injury Areas of Practice
The most common kinds of accidents that David Resnick & Associates, P.C., handles include:
- Car Accidents — Many people in the Brooklyn area use motor vehicles to get around town, and car crashes are all too common. The severity of injuries varies depending on numerous factors. The insurance company for a negligent driver may be responsible for the damages caused in the accident.
- Trucking Accidents — Unlike car accidents in which one driver or another is usually at fault, commercial truck crashes can be far more complicated to resolve. Trucking companies are required to carry higher amounts of liability insurance because of the severe harm tractor trailers can cause. In some cases, it may be possible that a truck driver, trucking company and cargo shipper share liability for a commercial truck accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Motorcyclists are vulnerable to serious injuries in any collision, including head injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, and hip fractures and broken legs. Many motorcycle accidents occur because other motorists fail to see motorcycles in Brooklyn traffic and violate the motorcyclist’s right of way, causing a crash. An injured motorcyclist needs a determined lawyer to stand up for the motorcyclist’s right to full compensation for his or her injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents — Downtown Brooklyn is often crowded with pedestrians walking on sidewalks and crossing streets. Inattentive or speeding drivers who fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians at intersections and crossing in crosswalks can cause serious accidents that severely injure pedestrians. The negligent drivers should be held accountable for the injuries they cause.
- Taxi Accidents — Some accident victims are injured while riding in taxis, while others are hurt when a taxi and their vehicle collide. The taxi company may be liable for damages in these cases.
- School Bus Accidents — Buses that transport children to and from local schools in Brooklyn require careful operation. Any error on the part of a bus driver can cause a major accident that leads to multiple injuries.
- Tour Bus Accidents — Visitors to New York often take tour buses to see the sights. When a tour bus driver causes an accident involving injuries, the tour bus company may be held responsible for its driver’s actions.
- Public Transportation Accidents — The Metropolitan Transportation Authority runs New York City’s rail and bus systems, serving Brooklyn and the other boroughs of New York City. Subway, bus, ferry, and other railroad accidents are some of the most common kinds of public transportation accidents people can be involved in.
- Amusement Park Accidents — New York City is home to numerous amusement parks. The operators of these facilities not only must make sure their rides are safe but also that all other areas of the park are free from hazards.
- Window Guard Accidents — New York City landlords are required to install window guards on their buildings when residents may be 10 years old or younger. Failure to install or maintain window guards can lead to tragic and completely preventable fall accidents.
- Premises Liability — All New York property owners need to protect guests, tenants, and patrons from harm by keeping premises free of hazards or warning visitors of potential dangers. A property owner can be liable for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages when you suffer injuries because of the property owner’s failure to maintain a safe property.
- Slip and Fall Accidents — Falls are a leading cause of injuries and one of the most common kinds of premises liability claims. Brooklyn property owners have a responsibility to maintain their property and warn of any unsafe conditions. Property owners may be liable if their disregard for safety causes a slip and fall accident.
- Construction Accidents — The construction industry involves hard labor performed in grueling circumstances. Workers are often exposed to numerous dangers, but employers still must make the workplace as safe as possible. A worker who is injured because of their employer’s negligence, faulty equipment, or another dangerous circumstance may have a potential claim against their employer or another negligent party.
- Lead Poisoning — Older apartments, homes, and other buildings often have lead paint risks, and that exposure can be especially harmful to children. Schools, landlords, and other entities can be responsible for not removing lead paint.
- Dog Bites — Dog attacks can cause physical scarring and emotional trauma to the victim. A dog owner may be held liable for an unprovoked dog attack or dog bite, depending on the circumstances. The negligent dog owner’s homeowner’s or commercial liability typically is responsible for paying for the injuries caused by the dog.
- Wrongful Death — When a person is killed as the result of another party’s negligence, their surviving family members may have a right to file a wrongful death claim against the negligent party. A family may be entitled to compensation for the financial hardships created by their loved one’s death.
Every accident is different with its own unique set of circumstances. Following an accident, your first step should always be to seek medical attention. As soon as you are able, you should then contact David Resnick & Associates, P.C.
What To Expect When Hiring a Brooklyn Admiral’s Row Car Accident Attorney
When you contact our firm, we will review the facts and determine whether you have a valid legal claim. If we handle your case, we will conduct an investigation of your accident. Our attorneys will determine the cause of your accident, collect all relevant evidence, and identify all potentially liable parties.
Following an accident, you may be contacted by an insurance company for the negligent party.
An agent or claims adjuster may ask you to make a recorded statement. You should decline to avoid making any statement that could weaken your injury claim.
In some cases, an insurance company may offer a lump sum settlement. Any unsolicited settlement offer is probably far less than the fair value of the claim.
Our Brooklyn Admiral’s Row lawyers can negotiate a full and fair settlement on your behalf. If an insurance company refuses to provide an acceptable offer, our firm will be ready to file a lawsuit to pursue your claim in court.
The court where your case would be heard depends on certain factors. For example, if your case involves $25,000 or less in damages, your case will be heard in a New York City Civil Court. For Brooklyn, the civil court is located at:
Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
When a case involves more than $25,000 in damages, it will be heard in the New York County Supreme Court located at:
New York County Supreme Court
60 Centre Street
New York, NY 10007
When a case is a federal matter, it is heard in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. The address is:
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
500 Pearl Street
New York, NY 10007
Every personal injury case stands on its own. The experience of David Resnick & Associates, P.C., in handling significant injury claims is reflected by our record of success including a $2 million recovery for a man who suffered a fractured leg after being assaulted in a bodega, and $1.9 million awarded to a man who needed back surgery after a rear-end car accident.
Contact Our Brooklyn Admiral’s Row Slip And Fall Law Firm Today
Did you sustain catastrophic injuries or was your loved one killed in an accident caused by another party’s negligence in the greater Admiral’s Row area of New York? Do not wait to seek legal representation for help obtaining all the compensation you are owed.
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., has helped scores of residents and visitors to New York City since 1998. We can help you understand your legal options as soon as you call (917) 722-1852 or contact us online to take advantage of a free consultation.