Personal Injury Lawyers in Bridge Plaza/RAMBO, Brooklyn
Bridge Plaza is the northeastern corner of Brooklyn bordered by Tillary Street on the south, the Flatbush Avenue Extension and Manhattan Bridge on the west, and the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (BQE) on the north and east. It is commonly referred to as “RAMBO,” which is an acronym for “Right Around the Manhattan Bridge Overpass.”
Regardless of what you call it, you are going to want to contact a lawyer who is familiar with the area if you have been hurt in an accident in the Bridge Plaza area. David Resnick & Associates, P.C. has been helping Brooklyn residents and visitors seek full compensation after accidents for more than two decades.
Because the area is busy with pedestrian and motor vehicle traffic, accidents in the Bridge Plaza/Rambo area happen frequently. If you’ve been injured as a result of someone else’s carelessness or disregard for safety, you may have a legal right to seek compensation. An experienced Bridge Plaza accident lawyer can advocate aggressively on your behalf. Contact David Resnick & Associates, P.C. to have our attorneys review your case during a free consultation. Call (212) 279-2000 or contact us online right now.
Bridge Plaza/RAMBO Personal Injury Accident Areas of Practice
Personal injury claims are usually divided into different practice areas depending on the type of accident. Some of the most common cases that David Resnick & Associates, P.C., handle include, but are not limited to:
- Car Accidents — As any New York resident knows, traffic is a safety issue across New York City, and New York City Police Department (NYPD) data show that there were 17,521 motor vehicle collisions in the city in March 2019, which translates to more than 565 crashes a day.
- Wrongful Death — The death of a loved one is an incredibly traumatic experience for the deceased person’s immediate family. Family members may find themselves facing financial hardships almost immediately if their loved one had helped support the household financially. A wrongful death lawsuit allows specific family members to recover compensation for their loss that can help a family regain financial stability.
- Trucking Accidents — An accident with a commercial truck is far more likely to result in catastrophic or fatal injuries than a regular motor vehicle collision. Large truck accidents are more complicated to settle because multiple parties may be partly liable besides the truck driver, such as the trucking company, cargo shipper or manufacturer of truck parts that were defective.
- Dog Bites — Dog bites can cause serious trauma including permanent scarring. A dog could bite a person for numerous reasons, even when the person did not act aggressively towards the dog or do anything to provoke an attack. A dog owner may be liable for injuries caused by an unrestrained dog.
- Motorcycle Accidents — While the State of New York requires all operators and passengers of motorcycles to wear helmets, motorcyclists are still at risk of serious injury in any collision. Drivers who fail to see motorcycles in traffic and cause a RAMBO motorcycle accident may be held liable for the injuries they cause. Even minor collisions can lead to possibly severe injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents — The New York Times reported in January 2019 that the deaths of the 200 people killed in traffic crashes in New York City in 2018 were 222 fewer than in 2017 and the lowest level since the city began tracking such deaths in 1910, and bicyclist deaths fell from 24 in 2017 to 10 in 2018. The 114 pedestrian deaths, however, accounted for the largest share of traffic fatalities. People on foot are vulnerable to serious injuries if struck by a vehicle in a Bridge Plaza/RAMBO accident.
- Lead Poisoning — Residents of older buildings or parents with children in schools with lead paint may have claims against landlords or school districts if the property owner did not take proper efforts to prevent lead poisoning.
- Taxi Accidents — An accident caused by a taxi cab in New York City can result in injuries to occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, bicyclists, and the taxi passengers. Taxi cab companies can be held liable for their drivers’ negligence leading to a Bridge Plaza taxi accident.
- Construction Accidents — Scaffolding collapses, electrocutions, and falls from heights are a few examples of accidents on construction sites. While many of these workers are aware of the significant dangers they are exposed to, employers still have an obligation to ensure that a work site is as safe as possible.
- School Bus Accidents — A January 2018 National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report found that school-transportation-related crashes between 2007 and 2016 averaged 128 fatalities per year. Only 9 percent of the fatalities were the occupants of school transportation vehicles, while 70 percent were occupants of other vehicles and 20 percent were pedestrians or bicyclists.
- Tour Bus Accidents — Multiple companies in New York City offer tour buses that take visitors around the city, and these vehicles may be involved in accidents caused by driver negligence or a failure to maintain the bus. Bus accidents can cause injuries or fatalities to passengers, occupants of other vehicles, or nonoccupants.
- Public Transportation Accidents — The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is responsible for most of the public transit lines in Bridge Plaza/RAMBO. Operator errors or mechanical issues may cause an MTA accident. You will want a New York injury lawyer to conduct a thorough investigation in these types of cases.
- Amusement Park Accidents — Adventureland, Sylvan Beach Amusement Park, Playland Amusement Park, Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, Six Flags Darien Lake Theme Park, Enchanted Forest Water Safari, Fantasy Island, Seabreeze Amusement Park, Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom, Luna Park at Coney Island, Midway State Park, and Santa’s Workshop are some of the major amusement parks in the greater New York City area. Operators of these facilities have an obligation to make sure their rides are safe for visitors and may be liable for injuries to visitors.
- Window Guard Accidents — Buildings that have tenants who are children 10 years of age or younger are required to have window guards to prevent falls from the window. When an accident results from a faulty window guard or the lack of a window guard, a landlord could be liable for failure to install or maintain the window guards.
- Premises Liability — When you have been injured in an accident on another party’s property that was caused by a dangerous condition, the property owner may be liable if they knew or should have known about the danger and failed to warn about it. Victims are frequently accused of having been at fault for their own injuries in premises liability cases. A Bridge Plaza injury lawyer can discuss your rights to seek financial compensation after an injury caused by a property hazard.
- Slip and Fall Accidents — Some slip and fall accidents result only in momentary embarrassment, but other falls can lead to serious injuries including head injuries and broken bones. Property owners may be liable when a slip and fall accident was the result of the property owner’s failure to correct or warn a person about a fall risk.
Your first step after any kind of RAMBO accident needs to be getting proper medical care. A doctor’s report or hospital records documenting your injuries will be important if you need to file an injury claim later. Any delay in seeking medical attention is more likely to prompt an insurance company to question your injuries.
What to Expect When Hiring A Bridge Plaza/RAMBO Attorney
When you work with David Resnick & Associates, P.C., our firm will immediately commence an investigation of your accident. This will allow us to determine the cause of the accident and identify those who are potentially liable for your injuries.
An insurer representing an at-fault party may try to contact you after the accident. A claims adjuster may ask you to provide a recorded statement, but people are typically asked a number of questions that are designed to elicit answers that will be damaging to a personal injury claim.
The insurance company may try to settle your case right away. You should know that whatever lump sum you are being offered is likely to be far less than the fair value of your claim.
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., can fight for a fair and full settlement. When an insurer refuses to provide adequate compensation, then our attorneys will be prepared to take your case to court.
When a personal injury case in Bridge Plaza/RAMBO involves $25,000 or less in damages, it will be heard in a New York City Civil Court. The civil court in Bridge Plaza/RAMBO is located at:
Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Cases involving more than $25,000 in damages are heard in the Kings County Supreme Court located at:
Kings County Supreme Court
360 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Federal cases are handled in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, which is located at:
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., our record of success includes more than $150 million in verdicts and settlements recovered for our clients.
Contact Our Bridge Plaza/RAMBO Personal Injury Law Firm Today
Did you sustain catastrophic injuries or was your loved one killed in any kind of accident caused by another party’s negligence in Bridge Plaza/RAMBO? You will want to contact David Resnick & Associates, P.C. as soon as possible.
Our firm has been helping people all over New York City since 1998. Call (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to receive a free consultation.