Personal Injury Attorneys in Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn
With its beautiful Victorian homes, impressive wallscapes, and long list of celebrities that have called the New York neighborhood home, Bedford–Stuyvesant is rich in history and local pride. The neighborhood’s diverse opportunities have brought a surge of growth to the area. In just the past 15 years, Bedford–Stuyvesant’s population has grown three times faster than the city’s overall growth.
Unfortunately, new development often brings new hazards as well. Throughout the Brooklyn borough, construction sites hang over stoops and streets are crowded with new drivers and pedestrians who are trying to figure out how to get around. All of this can lead to serious accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Bedford–Stuyvesant, call the experienced accident lawyers in Brooklyn at David Resnick & Associates. Our dedicated legal team has been serving New Yorkers for more than 20 years. While each case stands on its own, we have helped clients obtain more than $60 million in verdicts and settlements through aggressive representation. We pride ourselves on fighting hard for our clients and offering compassion, respect, and personal attention.
If you have been injured in a Bedford–Stuyvesant accident caused by someone else’s recklessness, we want to help you stand up for your legal rights. As demonstrated by our testimonials from former clients, you can trust that our compassionate attorneys will do all they can to fight for your interests.
Contact David Resnick & Associates to see how we can help you fight for the justice you deserve. Our experienced bilingual team is ready to give you the support you need. Call us today at (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to have a Bedford-Stuyvesant accident attorney review your case.
Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn Personal Injury Areas Of Practice
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., our dedicated legal team is prepared to help victims involved in a whole range of accidents. The types of cases we handle most often include:
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents. It’s sometimes easier to get around Bedford–Stuyvesant’s busy streets by foot or on bike. However, when vehicles hit pedestrians and cyclists, the results can be catastrophic injuries. When you’re on foot or on a bicycle, you are incredibly vulnerable to injury if struck by a car, bus, or truck. Of all traffic accidents, pedestrian accidents are the most likely to cause traumatic injuries or death.
- Taxi and Rideshare Accidents. When you have a lot to carry, taxis and rideshare companies such as Uber and Lyft can provide quick transportation. However, a rideshare ride can quickly become a headache if your driver is involved in an accident. New York has special laws for taxi and rideshare drivers, which can make it complicated to determine who is liable for these types of accidents if you try to handle the case on your own. A car accident lawyer in Brooklyn can help.
- Public Transportation Accidents. Many New Yorkers rely on public transportation to get to work, school, and other daily activities. When you take the subway, LIRR, or bus, you expect to arrive safely, but driver and mechanical errors often cause a whole range of public transportation accidents. Personal injury claims involving public transportation agencies have special notification requirements. If you miss the deadline for giving notice, your claim will be dismissed. A Brooklyn personal injury lawyer at David Resnick & Associates can file the proper paperwork to give notice on your behalf of your injury claim.
- Car Accidents. With so many people and cars on the street, car accidents are an everyday occurrence throughout Brooklyn. In January 2020 alone, there were over 2,700 motor vehicle collisions in the borough, according to the New York City Police Department. If you were injured in a car accident caused by another motorist, you should consult a knowledgeable Brooklyn car accident lawyer about your legal options.
- Construction Accidents. With all the construction around Brooklyn, construction accidents like equipment malfunctions, scaffolding accidents, and falls are becoming more and more common. Property owners and construction managers have a responsibility to ensure these worksites are as safe as possible for workers and bystanders.
- Product Liability. When you use a product such as a medical device or car, you trust that the manufacturer made sure the product was safe when used as intended and included warnings about possible dangers. Unfortunately, many people are harmed by unsafe products. When that happens, the manufacturer may be held accountable for the harm caused by a dangerous and defective product.
- Slip and Fall Accidents. Falls can cause serious injuries, and many falls are preventable. If a property owner or manager failed to maintain their property or to warn of dangerous conditions such as broken stairs and stair rails, the property owner may be liable for a slip and fall accident.
- Lead Poisoning. Bedford–Stuyvesant has many historic buildings. These buildings can harbor hazards such as lead paint if they haven’t been updated properly. Landlords and building owners must make sure buildings are free of harmful elements so that residents, students, and visitors aren’t exposed to lead poisoning and other dangers.
- Window Guard Accidents. A building’s owner or manager must install and maintain window guards to prevent falls if anyone in a New York City building is 10 years old or younger. When landlords neglect their responsibility to take required safety precautions, they may be held responsible for any window guard accidents.
- Premises Liability. Property owners and managers have a responsibility to make sure their property is safe for tenants, customers, and anyone else who is there legally. When they fail to do so, a property hazard can lead to anything from broken bones from a defective elevator accident to a deadly fall down a flight of stairs that isn’t up to code.
- Dog Bites. When dog owners and keepers don’t keep their animals under control, dogs can cause serious physical and emotional injuries. Negligent owners might be liable for damages if their dog bites or attacks you in an unprovoked attack.
- Truck Accidents. Commercial truck accidents often cause injuries that are more severe than those in other motor vehicle accidents. Truck accident victims should not try to engage in battles with the trucker’s insurance and legal representatives without the guidance of an experienced Brooklyn truck injury lawyer. Multiple parties may be held liable in truck accidents, which can make it impossible to figure out who owes you money for your injuries caused by the accident.
- School Bus Accidents. School bus drivers are responsible for making sure your kids get to school safely and on time. Navigating Brooklyn’s streets can be a dangerous task. Bus drivers must pay careful attention to other vehicles on the road. Other drivers are legally required to exercise extra caution when kids are entering or exiting the bus. Any error can lead to a tragic school bus accident.
- Tour Bus Accidents. A fun visit to the city can quickly turn tragic if a tour bus causes a collision. Whether you’re on the bus, driving another vehicle on the road, or just trying to walk by a tour bus, these accidents can cause significant injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents. When a motorcyclist is involved in a collision, the biker’s injuries are often severe and can even be life-threatening. Many motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers’ failure to look for motorcycles in traffic. Motorcycle riders are more vulnerable to injury in crashes than drivers of cars and trucks involved in motorcycle accidents. Motorcycles lack the safety features that automobiles and trucks have. A Bedford-Stuyvesant motorcycle accident lawyer at David Resnick & Associates can pursue full compensation for your injuries.
- Amusement Park Accidents. When you go to one of the many amusement parks around New York City, you expect the day will be filled with fun memories for your friends and family. However, when park owners and ride operators are negligent, it can lead to devastating and life-altering amusement park injuries. The amusement park operator may be liable for injuries caused by negligence or failure to maintain amusement rides.
- Wrongful Death. After a wrongful death, surviving loved ones may be able to get compensation to help cover the damages caused by their tragic loss.
What to Expect When You Call Our Injury Attorneys
With David Resnick & Associates, you can trust that we’ll do everything we can to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. We will carefully listen to your concerns and answer your questions about the case. We’ll use every resource we have – from accident investigators to expert witnesses – to help you fight for your legal rights and maximum compensation.
We’ve dealt with aggressive insurance companies, so we know all the tricks they try to play to reduce or deny the money owed to victims. We’ll fully investigate your accident, gather evidence to build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance on your behalf for a fair settlement.
If a trial is needed and you’re in a Bedford–Stuyvesant accident with $25,000 or less in damages, we can fight for you at the Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County (141 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, 646-386-5700).
If your case involves over $25,000 in damages, we’re prepared to stand up for you at the Kings County Supreme Court (360 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, 718-675-7699).
Contact Our Bedford–Stuyvesant Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, contact David Resnick & Associates to fight for compensation on your behalf. Call us today at (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.