In Need of a Car Accidents Attorney in Brooklyn?
Car accidents are a daily occurrence in Brooklyn, New York. According to statistics compiled by NYPD, the borough saw nearly 3,200 motor vehicle collisions in a single recent month. One-third of which involved injuries or fatalities. Additionally, about 350 bicyclists and pedestrians were hit by motor vehicles that month, two-thirds of whom were injured or killed as a result.
If you have been the victim of one of the tens of thousands of car accidents that happen in Brooklyn every year, you need the experienced legal representation of an auto accident lawyer to get the justice and financial compensation you deserve.
Since 1998, the legal professionals at David Resnick & Associates, P.C. have worked tirelessly to defend the rights of injury victims in Brooklyn and throughout New York. We believe that the cornerstone of our law practice is to provide our clients with personal attention and care, as well as the responsive communication that they deserve during a difficult and confusing time.
Our team will take the time to meet with you at your home or at the hospital so we can get to know you and fully understand your needs, concerns, and goals. That way, our team can better pursue an award or settlement that will help you rebuild your life after a devastating car accident.
Call us or contact us through our online form today for a free initial consultation and to learn more about how a Brooklyn car accident lawyer from our firm can help.
Dangerous Intersections in Brooklyn
Areas to stay alert at in Brooklyn include:
- Flatbush Avenue and Grand Army Plaza
- Flatbush Avenue Extension and Tillary Street
- Pennsylvania Avenue and Linden Boulevard
- Pennsylvania Avenue and Atlantic Avenue
Common Types of Car Accidents
Examples of common types of car accidents in Brooklyn include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Back-up accidents
- Runoff/road departure accidents
- Spin-out accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Distracted driving/texting-while-driving accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
If you were involved in any of the accident types above, reach out to a Brooklyn accident lawyer for help.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, from relatively minor to totally life-altering. Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Lacerations and bruising
- Dislocated joints
- Broken bones
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Strained and torn muscles or tendons
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ injuries or internal bleeding
- Burns (from car fires)
- Head and facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Why Should I Hire a Brooklyn Car Accident Attorney?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you don’t have to pursue your legal rights on your own. A Brooklyn accident attorney can provide critical assistance as you seek financial recovery from the driver or other parties responsible for the collision.
In too many cases, at-fault drivers and insurance companies will try to avoid paying the fair and full compensation you deserve for your injuries. When you have a good accident lawyer on your side, you will have an advocate who will push back against the insurance companies who are trying to save their shareholders’ pocketbooks at your expense. In many cases, car accident victims who are represented by an auto accident lawyer recover far more compensation than do injury victims who try to face the insurance companies on their own.
Our car accident lawyers can ensure that your legal case is thoughtfully developed, including by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation that recovers all available evidence relevant to your claim
- Bringing in accident reconstruction experts who can put together a persuasive argument that shows how the accident occurred and who was at fault
- Documenting the full extent of both your financial and your personal losses
Finally, a motor vehicle accident lawyer can take on the stress of pursuing a legal claim on your behalf. You shouldn’t have to shoulder this burden while you are undergoing treatment and rehabilitation for injuries some negligent person caused. A car accident lawyer can pursue your legal rights on your behalf by communicating and negotiating with insurance adjusters and defense lawyers.
How Can Our Brooklyn Car Injury Law Firm Help You?
A Brooklyn car accident attorney from David Resnick & Associates, P.C. can help you by:
- Keeping you informed about developments in your case and what to expect at each stage
- Promptly answer any questions you may have about your case or your legal rights and options
- Protecting your rights and interests by dealing with insurance adjusters, investigators, or other parties on your behalf so that you can focus on your recovery
- Helping you secure treatment from doctors and other medical specialists
- Advising you when you need to make decisions in your case, such as whether to accept a settlement or to continue pursuing your claim in court
- Vigorously advocating on your behalf at the negotiating table and in court
Get Full Compensation after a Car Accident
If you have suffered injuries or property damage in a car crash in Brooklyn, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation for expenses and losses you have suffered, such as:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, including hospital stays, surgeries and other procedures, doctor’s appointments, physical/occupational therapy, prescription medication, and purchases of medical or mobility equipment
- Repair costs for your car or the value of your vehicle if it was declared totaled after the accident
- Loss of wages or income from time missed at work while recovering from your injuries
- Lost earning capacity, if your injuries result in disabilities that negatively affect your ability to return to your job or engage in any gainful employment
- Loss of quality of life due to scarring/disfigurement or due to physical disability
- Physical pain and/or emotional distress caused by the accident, your injuries, and your subsequent physical/mental recovery
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you understand the particular avenues of compensation you may be able to pursue.
Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Brooklyn, NY
When you have been injured in a car accident in Brooklyn, NY, turn to the vehicle accident law firm of David Resnick & Associates, P.C. for help in obtaining the justice and the compensation that you deserve. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation case review and to discuss your legal rights and options with a knowledgeable Brooklyn motor vehicle accident lawyer.