New York City Car Accident Lawyers
In New York City, several factors contribute to dangerous driving conditions, including heavy traffic, road construction, a high volume of pedestrians, bicycle traffic and tourists. The result is a higher risk of an automobile accident than any other city in the state of New York.
The New York City car accident attorneys at David Resnick & Associates, P.C., understand the dangerous driving conditions that New Yorkers face every day. Our familiarity with the factors that contribute to collisions in New York City helps us fight for the rights of victims who have been injured in traffic accidents here.
If you have been hurt in a New York City car accident, or if you have lost a close family member in a crash, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries or your loss. For a free initial evaluation of your case, contact David Resnick & Associates, P.C., today by calling 212-279-2000 or by filling out our online contact form.
New York Accidents by the Numbers
New York State and New York City record a large number of car accidents each year. To get a better idea of how dangerous the streets of New York can be, consider the following statistics released by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles for 2011:
- There were 307,550 collisions throughout New York State.
- 73,060 of the crashes were in New York City alone.
- 1,153 people lost their lives in a New York motor vehicle crash, with 268 of those fatalities occurring in New York City.
- There were 177,445 non-fatal injuries reported as a result of crashes throughout New York State.
- 69,955 of those injuries were a result of New York City collisions.
- Motorcycles were involved in 5,336 crashes in New York State, with 1,415 of those occurring in New York City.
- There were 6,076 bicycle/vehicle crashes in the state, with 3,613 happening in New York City.
- Pedestrian/vehicle crashes accounted for 15,928 collisions across the state, and more than two-thirds of them, or 10,794, were in the city.
- In New York City alone, 143 pedestrians and 22 bicyclists were killed in motor vehicle accidents.
For more information about important considerations in the aftermath of a car crash, consult the resources listed here:
- Car Accident Checklist
- Mistakes to Avoid During Your Claim
- Reasons Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer
- Maximizing Your Recovery in a Car Accident Case
- Accident Reconstruction and its Importance for Your Case
- Importance of Securing a Vehicle After an Accident
- Accident Scene Investigation and its Importance for Your Case
- Securing Evidence from Accident Scene and its Importance for Your Case
- Witness Statements and Their Importance for Your Case
- Pain and Suffering – What’s Included and How It’s Calculated
Contact a Skilled New York City Car Accident Lawyer
The lawyers of David Resnick & Associates, P.C., understand the disruption that a serious car accident can have on your life. We have helped many families in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn and the Bronx move forward after a car accident. We work hard to see that you obtain the resources you need to recover fully if you’ve been injured by the negligence or fault of another driver.
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., we offer a free initial evaluation of your claim, and our New York City car accident attorneys will negotiate a prompt, fair and just settlement or fight aggressively to ensure that you receive full maximum compensation in accordance with the law. Call 212-279-2000 online contact form for a free, no-obligation claim review and consultation.
Blog Posts NYC HeadlinesMayor Asks Taxis to Slow Down for Sake of Pedestrians Five Tips to Keep Kids from Falling at Home Fault an Issue in Slip-and-Fall Lawsuits
Contact an Experienced Attorney
* Required Field