New York City Car Accident Lawyers
New York City And Dangerous Driving Conditions
In New York City, multiple factors contribute to dangerous driving conditions: heavy traffic, road construction, a high volume of pedestrians, bicycle traffic and tourists. The result is a higher risk of an automobile accident than any other city in the state of New York.
New York City recorded 56,000 accidents in 2010, including 45,000 personal injury accidents and 261 fatal accidents, according to New York Department of Motor Vehicles. More than one of every five NY car accidents occurred in New York City, which includes Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
If you have been seriously injured in a car accident caused by another driver, an experienced New York City Car Accident Lawyers can help you prove that either another person negligently operated a vehicle or the defective design of the vehicle or the roadway caused the crash. Sometimes, a single car accident has multiple contributing causes.
Contributing Causes of New York Car Accidents
- Driver Distractions – Dialing a cell phone, talking with passengers, eating or applying makeup, dealing with children or pets can contribute to serious accidents. Across the state of New York, driver distraction and inattention contributed to one out of five accidents in 2010, including 25,000 personal injury accidents and 141 fatal accidents.
- Mechanical problems – Including tire blowouts, worn or defective brakes, axle failure and steering failure, contribute to serious crashes every year in New York. In 2010, nine fatal auto accidents included tire failures as a factor.
- Driving Too Fast For Conditions – Drivers may stay within the posted speed limit and still be driving too fast for conditions, if roads are wet, or covered by snow or ice. Driving at an unsafe speed was a factor in 10 percent of accidents in New York in 2010.
- Impaired Driving – A driver who causes an accident may be impaired by alcohol, prescription or illegal drugs or simply fatigue. Alcohol was a factor in more than 850 personal injury accidents in New York City in 2010, while drowsy driving was listed as a contributing factor in more than 200 NYC injury accidents.
- Road Design – Some roads are notorious for the number of accidents that occur on them. The reasons may include the road alignment, surface conditions, marking and visibility. Slippery pavement was cited as a factor in more than 8,600 personal injury accidents in New York and more than 50 fatal crashes.
The experienced New York City Car Accident Lawyers at David Resnick & Associates, P.C., understand the contributing causes of car accidents. We analyze all the contributing factors of an accident to determine who is at fault. More than one party may be at fault and have liability in an accident. We have assisted many victims of car accident injuries in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
Contact A Skilled NY Auto Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in an auto accident, please contact the experienced New York City Car Accident Lawyers at David Resnick & Associates, P.C. Aggressive New York City Car Accident Lawyers can help ensure that you receive the maximum compensation to which you are entitled after a serious accident caused by another. We have represented many auto accident victims in New York City, including those in Brooklyn and the Bronx.
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., we offer a free initial evaluation of your claim, and our attorneys will negotiate a prompt, fair and just settlement or fight aggressively to ensure that you receive full maximum compensation in accordance with the law. Call 888-797-0199 today.