New York City Construction Accident Legal Guide
Have you or someone you love been hurt in a New York City construction accident or injured at work? If so, you are probably worried about what steps you need to take now to make sure you have a speedy recovery and get all of the benefits you are entitled to.
If you would like more information, call the New York City construction accident attorneys at David Resnick & Associates, PC, at 877-815-6053 for a free consultation or click here for a free evaluation of your case.
Steps To Take After a New York City Construction Accident
Here is a quick outline of what you should do after an injury at work at a New York City construction site.
- Your first concern after a construction accident is to seek medical assistance. Even if you think your injuries were minor, you should still see your doctor, because some conditions are not immediately obvious.
- As soon as you are able, report your workplace injury to your employer. Don’t assume that your employer knows about the accident simply because it happened at the work site. Make a note of the name of the person who received your report.
- Find out who saw the accident in the workplace happen; make a list of their names and contact information. If possible, have someone take pictures of the accident scene as soon as possible after the incident. It’s important to record the exact condition of the job site and any equipment that was in use at the time the accident occurred.
- Find out who the owned the construction site, who the general contractor and subcontractor were, and so on. If any equipment was involved, find out what company made it.
- Keep a simple diary as you recover from your on-the-job injuries. Take brief notes about how your injuries have affected your daily life and what sort of pain and discomfort you are suffering. Details can be hard to remember later.
- Do not discuss the cause of the accident with an insurance company or with any of the potentially responsible parties without legal representation. Do not sign any type of settlement agreement or release without consulting an experienced construction accident lawyer like the ones at David Resnick & Associates, PC.
Did You Suffer an Injury at Work in a NYC Construction Accident? Call Our Accident Lawyers Today
If you or someone you love was harmed in a construction accident and someone other than your employer was to blame for your injury at work, you could be entitled to receive damages if the third party falls outside of the workers’ compensation system.
The New York City construction injury attorneys at David Resnick & Associates, PC, are skilled at evaluating construction accident claims and can help you determine whether the negligence of a third party caused or contributed to your injuries. Call our workplace injury lawyers today at 877-815-6053 or use our online contact form for a free evaluation of your case.
We serve construction accident victims in the Bronx and all of New York City, including Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Long Island.