Pedestrian Injury Lawyers
In busy urban areas like Brooklyn, pedestrians, and vehicles are often forced to share the road whether they want to or not. Brooklynites know that they have to watch out for their own safety, but pedestrian accidents remain unfortunately common. If you’ve been the victim of a pedestrian accident caused by a reckless or negligent driver, you deserve accountability and fair compensation from the party who caused the accident and your injuries.
Since 1998, the pedestrian accident attorneys of David Resnick & Associates, P.C., have worked tirelessly as advocates for injured New Yorkers. At our firm, we offer the personal care and attention you need to recover from a devastating pedestrian crash. We strive to communicate clearly with our clients at every stage of their cases, including meeting with injured victims at the hospital or at home.
We’ll take the time to get to know you and your family so that we understand your needs, goals, and concerns. Prepared with this information and our wealth of experience, we can build a case strategy designed to achieve the results you need.
Contact us today to speak to a pedestrian accident lawyer in Brooklyn, NY, about your legal options after you’ve been hurt by someone else. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation.
How David Resnick Can Help If You Were Injured in a Pedestrian Accident
When you’ve been hurt in a pedestrian accident, David Resnick & Associates, P.C. is here for you. Our Brooklyn pedestrian accident attorneys are ready to assist with all aspects of your legal claim, including:
- Recovering evidence from the accident scene that can be used to support your claim
- Documenting your medical expenses, lost income, and other losses, such as pain and suffering or reduced quality of life
- Reviewing the evidence, in collaboration with experts (when necessary), to build a persuasive case that shows who’s liable for the crash and your injuries
- Filing insurance claims on your behalf and handling all communications with adjusters, defense lawyers, and other parties
- Negotiating with the insurers and at-fault parties on your behalf for fair and full compensation
- Taking your case to court when litigation represents the best option for maximum compensation in your case
New York PIP Insurance & Pedestrian Accidents
If you own a vehicle in New York, you might be entitled to coverage through your own auto insurance company after a pedestrian accident. New York’s no-fault insurance laws require all drivers to purchase at least $50,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage when registering a vehicle.
This PIP coverage pays for medical expenses and lost income following a motor vehicle accident, regardless of who caused the crash. PIP insurance can also be used by those with coverage injured in a pedestrian accident with another motor vehicle.
The no-fault law requires you to turn to your own PIP coverage first, if you have any, for compensation for your medical bills and certain lost wages. But if you suffer expenses that exceed the limits of your PIP coverage, you could be entitled to additional compensation from the driver at fault for the accident. This area of the law can be complicated, so it’s best to seek help from an experienced Brooklyn pedestrian law firm like David Resnick & Associates, P.C.
Recovering Damages After a Pedestrian Accident in Brooklyn, NY
If you were hit by a vehicle while walking in Brooklyn, you might be entitled to financial compensation from the at-fault driver or another responsible party. In a settlement or judgment, they could be required to pay for the expenses you’ve incurred due to the accident.
Financial recovery for a pedestrian accident claim can include:
- Medical treatment, such as hospital bills, surgeries, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, prescription medication, and out-of-pocket purchases of medical devices and equipment
- Lost wages or income from missed work after the accident
- Lost earning capacity and employment benefits if you experience a permanent disability that prevents you from returning to your previous job
- Emotional distress
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life because of disabilities, visible scarring, or disfigurement
What Should I Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Brooklyn?
After a pedestrian accident in Brooklyn, you can take steps to protect yourself and your legal options. These include:
- Get the contact and insurance information for each driver involved in the accident.
- Use your cell phone to take photos or video of the accident scene, including road signs, any evidence of the collision, and the car that hit you. If you can’t, ask someone you know to do so.
- Get examined by a doctor as soon as possible after the accident to diagnose any physical injuries you suffered because of the accident.
- Follow all the treatment instructions you receive, and never defer any recommended treatment or procedures. The insurance company could use any failure to follow the doctor’s orders against you.
- Keep all the bills, invoices, and receipts related to the accident, along with copies of your paystubs or income statements.
- Document your recovery and the impact of your injuries and treatment on your life by keeping a journal.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your claim with anyone, including family, friends, or social media.
Finally, speak to a pedestrian accident attorney in Brooklyn from David Resnick & Associates, P.C. about your legal rights and options. We can advise you of the next steps to pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Brooklyn, NY
If you’ve been seriously injured after being hit by a vehicle in Brooklyn, turn to the Brooklyn pedestrian accident lawyers at David Resnick & Associates, P.C. Call or contact us online today to learn what a pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm can do to help you pursue financial recovery. Demand what you’re owed from the at-fault driver or other parties legally responsible for your injuries with our help. Get in touch now for a free, no-obligation consultation.