Washington Heights Injury Lawyer - Car Accidents, Slip & Fall, Construction Accidents
For residents of Washington Heights, suffering a personal injury can be devastating, and can have physical, emotional, and financial consequences. Fortunately, in New York, if you suffer an injury because of another’s negligence or wrongdoing, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A Washington Heights personal injury attorney can put together your case and help you recover damages.
The attorneys at the Manhattan personal injury firm of David Resnick & Associates, P.C., are dedicated to providing skillful representation for those who have been injured in a car crash or slip and fall accident or have suffered another personal injury. Please call a Washington Heights personal injury attorney today to discuss your case.
Personal Injury, Car Accident and Slip & Fall Attorneys Serving Washington Heights
Our offices on 7th Avenue, across the street from Penn Station in New York City, are a convenient 30-minute Subway ride on the A, C, and 1 lines from Washington Heights. We are close to several bus routes as well. If you prefer, we can also visit you at your home or in the hospital.
Washington Heights is located in the northern part of Manhattan, and has a population of over 150,000. The neighborhood was named for Fort Washington, and is mainly a residential area, home to several parks. There are many landmarks in Washington Heights, including:
- Fort Tryon Park
- The Cloisters branch of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Little Red Lighthouse
- Yeshiva University
- Employment in the neighborhood is focused on retail and small businesses and the hospitals
- New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- NYP/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
Washington Heights Legal Information
There are three courts available to hear Washington Heights personal injury claims. The claims of accident victims whose damages are less than $25,000 are heard at the New York City Civil Court. The New York County Supreme Court hears cases in which the alleged damages exceed $25,000. Compensable damages may include medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, property damage and others.
A personal injury case will be heard in the federal United States District Court for the Southern District of New York in two circumstances: if the amount of damages exceeds $75,000 and the two parties are from different states, or if the case centers on a violation of federal law.
Our Washington Heights Personal Injury Lawyer Practice Areas
The legal team at David Resnick & Associates, P.C., aggressively defends the rights of our clients and works to help you recover compensation for your injuries. Our practice areas include:
- Slip and fall accidents: In New York, property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for others. If you have been injured because of a dangerous condition, such as an icy sidewalk or poorly lit stairwell, on another’s property, a Washington Heights slip and fall attorney may be able to help you recover damages.
- Auto accidents: The rate of car, motorcycle, and truck accidents in New York City is unfortunately high. Call a Washington Heights car accident lawyer if you have been injured in an auto accident caused by another’s traffic violation or negligent or reckless driving.
- Work and construction accidents: Construction sites present the most dangerous workplace of any major industry. Workers may be injured by falling objects, malfunctioning equipment, electrocution, and other hazardous conditions.
- Wrongful death: Losing a beloved family member is made only more difficult if the death was caused by another’s negligence and could have been avoided. Deaths can cause financial hardship as well, but the surviving family members may be able to recover damages.
- Lead poisoning: Lead is a dangerous substance that can enter the bloodstreams of those who come into contact with it, causing mental and physical problems. It has been widely used in consumer goods, however, such as paint, fuels, solder and pipes, and batteries.
What to Expect When You Contact Our Washington Heights Law Firm
If you believe that you may have a personal injury claim, you may discuss your claim in a free initial consultation with our lawyers. At the consultation, we will go over the facts of your case, asking specific questions about the accident and the events leading up to it. We will also discuss whether your claim is likely to be successful, and may consider potential strategies.
Possible types of compensation may include:
- Medical and therapy costs
- Lost earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Household expenses
- Property damage
Contact a Washington Heights Injury Lawyer Today
If you have suffered an injury because of another’s wrongful behavior or negligence, please contact a Washington Heights personal injury attorney today. At the law firm of David Resnick & Associates, P.C., our legal team is dedicated to providing the very best representation and to protecting your interests with compassion.