Tap to Call: 917-789-1564

I have been hurt in a car accident, and I think I want to file a personal injury claim. What should I do?

First, get prompt medical treatment for any injuries you may have. Proper medical care should be your first priority. Then call a personal injury attorney who can help you protect your legal rights. Here are some additional steps you should take.

  • Write down as much as you can about the accident itself. List your injuries and any other losses you have suffered as a result of the accident.
  • Document the conversations you have with people who witnessed or were involved in the accident or the injury claim.
  • Take photographs with your cell phone camera. Photographs should include the scene of the accident from all angles, the surrounding area, your injuries, and any property damage.
  • While you are required to contact your own insurance company about the accident, do not provide a written or recorded statement to an insurance adjuster until you have spoken with an attorney.
  • Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all potential witnesses of the accident.

Committed to Serving Clients Throughout NYC