Personal Injury Attorneys in Greenwood Heights, Brooklyn
Greenwood Heights is a bustling area of Brooklyn with many transportation options for residents and visitors. Unfortunately, car accidents and other personal injury accidents can occur at any time. When they do, you need a knowledgeable Greenwood Heights injury attorney in your corner.
The experienced attorneys at David Resnick & Associates, P.C. are proud to serve residents of Greenwood Heights in Brooklyn. For more than 20 years, David Resnick & Associates has been helping injury victims in Greenwood Heights and throughout New York City. We handle all types of personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and slip-and-falls.
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., you can expect personalized, one-on-one attention. We are a small law firm, and you are not just a case number to us. Our compassionate English- and Spanish-speaking staff can answer your questions. We are proud to support Greenwood Heights and other communities throughout New York.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Greenwood Heights, call (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation. For over two decades, our firm has been helping accident victims seek full compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Personal Injury Areas of Practice
Greenwood Heights gets its name from the adjacent 478-acre Green-Wood Cemetery, which is a National Historic Landmark. The neighborhood’s approximate borders are Prospect Expressway to the north, Gowanus Canal and Upper New York Bay to the west, Eighth Avenue to the east, and 39th Street to the south.
The most common types of accidents that our law firm handles include:
- Car accidents – Motor vehicle accidents are among the most common causes of injuries in Greenwood Heights. The extent of the injuries can vary depending on a range of factors, such as the angle of impact and the speed that the vehicles were traveling. Insurance companies often try to settle claims for a fraction of the fair market value. An attorney at David Resnick & Associates can fight for a fair settlement that reflects the extent of your injuries and related losses.
- Truck accidents – Due to the sheer size and weight of 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, and other large commercial trucks, whenever they are involved in an accident, the results are often devastating. A smaller passenger vehicle doesn’t stand a chance against a huge truck weighing 80,000 pounds. If you are injured in a truck accident, you may have a claim against the truck driver, the trucking company, or even the mechanic who serviced the truck. Contact a Greenwood Heights truck accident attorney at David Resnick & Associates.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle riders involved in accidents are often seriously injured due to the lack of protection they have. When a motorcyclist is struck by another vehicle, he or she may be thrown from the bike and suffer cuts, broken bones, and head trauma, especially if the rider was not wearing a helmet.
- Pedestrian accidents – Pedestrian accidents can result in very serious injuries. Because people on foot do not have any protective covering surrounding them, they are totally exposed when a collision occurs. If a vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the pedestrian may hit the ground or the moving vehicle forcefully. The pedestrian may suffer traumatic heard injuries, spinal cord injuries, or broken bones, among other serious injuries.
- Taxi accidents – People operating taxi cabs and car services in Greenwood Heights and throughout New York City are often aggressive drivers. They frequently are involved in accidents. If you were a passenger or occupant of another vehicle injured in a taxi accident, an attorney at David Resnick & Associates can help you determine if you have a claim against the taxicab company or other party responsible for your injuries.
- School bus accidents – Schools in Greenwood Heights rely on school buses to transport students to and from school. School districts may be held liable for accidents caused by negligent bus drivers or a failure to maintain buses.
- Tour bus accidents – A city tour bus is held to the same standards as other vehicles used for public transportation. Owners of tour buses must adequately maintain the buses and operate them safely. Injuries in these accidents could be the result of a negligent bus driver or mechanical issues. Tour bus companies may be held liable for damages.
- Public transportation accidents – If you’ve been injured on an NYC transit bus, train, ferry, or subway in Greenwood Heights, an experienced lawyer can help you understand your rights and decide what action to take.
- Wrongful death – A preventable death that was caused by the negligent actions or intentional misconduct of another party may be a wrongful death. In such tragic events as a fatal car crash or pedestrian accident, the family of the deceased person may be entitled to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. Wrongful death lawsuits help families maintain financial security and move forward after the tragic loss of a loved one.
- Lead poisoning – Many families who live in older houses in Greenwood Heights have understandable concerns about lead paint exposure. Landlords can be held liable for not making specific lead-poisoning prevention efforts.
- Dog bites – When a dog bites or attacks someone, the dog’s owner needs to be held responsible. If you have been attacked by a dog, an attorney can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.
- Slip-and-fall accidents – Slip-and-fall accidents can occur at any time if a residential or commercial property is not properly maintained by the owner. Have you been injured on another person’s property because the owner failed to make adequate repairs or warn you about hazards? If so, you may have a claim.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have a duty to make sure their property is safe for visitors. If a property owner allows a hazard or safety issue to remain unrepaired on a property or does not address it or warn visitors about the issue, anyone who sustains an injury from the hazard may file a personal injury lawsuit against the property owner.
- Construction accidents – Construction workers operate heavy equipment and power tools that pose dangers. Employers may be liable for construction sites that are unsafe, and manufacturers can be held liable for accidents involving defective equipment.
No two personal injury accidents are exactly alike. Every accident has its own unique set of facts and circumstances. Following an accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. After your injuries have been treated, contact David Resnick & Associates, P.C. so we can discuss your legal options.
What to Expect When You Call a Greenwood Heights Personal Injury Attorney
When you contact David Resnick & Associates, P.C., we will review the facts and determine whether you have a valid claim. If we take your case, we will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident. Our experienced Greenwood Heights personal injury lawyers will seek to determine the cause of your injury, collect evidence to support your claim, and identify all the liable parties.
Following your accident, you may be contacted by the negligent party’s insurance company. If a claims adjuster asks you to provide a recorded statement, you should decline and seek the guidance of a personal injury lawyer. Making such a statement could undermine your injury claim.
Insurance companies sometimes offer a lump sum settlement. It’s important to know that any initial offer is likely far less than the actual value of your claim. A Greenwood Heights personal injury attorney at David Resnick & Associates, P.C. can negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. If an insurance company does not make a settlement offer that covers all your past and future damages, our attorneys will be prepared to file a lawsuit to pursue your claim in court.
Contact Our Greenwood Heights Personal Injury Law Firm Today
Did you suffer serious injuries in an accident caused by another party’s negligence in the Greenwood Heights area of Brooklyn? If so, it is critical that you seek legal counsel as soon as you can. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you seek full compensation for your injuries.
For the past two decades, David Resnick & Associates, P.C., has been helping residents and visitors to New York City, and we are ready to help you, too. Call us now at (212) 279-2000 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, during which we will explain all your legal options.