Personal Injury Lawyers in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn
The small, picturesque neighborhood of Cobble Hill just south of Brooklyn Heights and east of the Brooklyn Queens Expressway takes up only 40 blocks and is home to some of the finest 19th-century homes in New York.
While Cobble Hill may look picture-perfect, we all know that reality at times is far from perfection. Even in neighborhoods like ours, serious accidents happen. If you have been involved in an accident, contact a Cobble Hill personal injury and accident attorney if you believe your injury was the result of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing.
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., you will find a compassionate team of experienced attorneys who are ready to fight for your rights. We firmly believe in advocating for all who call Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, home when they need experienced legal counsel after serious injuries. We have a strong team in place to provide you with the help and resources you need.
Car Accident Attorneys Serving Cobble Hill, Brooklyn
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., is based at a central Manhattan location. That has allowed us to serve all of New York City’s boroughs for more 20 years. Our small law firm provides one-on-one attention for each client. David Resnick & Associates, P.C., was founded on the principle of putting the client first. We emphasize clear communication with clients. Our talented attorneys and legal staff can discuss your case in either English or Spanish, whichever you prefer.
Our firm has become widely known for our client advocacy. We also have proven our ability to get results. We have recovered more than $60 million in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Filing an injury claim is a crucial step in the recovery process. You may have a legal right to demand compensation if you were injured as a result of someone else’s carelessness or disregard for safety. Our firm is committed to helping our clients and supporting our community. Each year, our firm provides those who have served in the armed forces with cash grants through our Veterans Grant Contest. This is just one of the many ways David Resnick & Associates strives to do things differently.
If you or a family member has suffered injuries or if you’ve lost a loved one in an accident in Cobble Hill, our team is here to help. Call us today at (212) 279-2000 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation on your case.
Cobble Hill Personal Injury Areas of Practice
David Resnick & Associates, P.C., has experience handling claims involving all sorts of Brooklyn personal injuries. If you have been injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, we can help you seek full compensation. Some of the most common types of cases that we handle include:
- Car accidents – Cobble Hill streets can get quite congested, especially during rush hour. This means that car accidents occur frequently. If you have been injured in a Cobble Hill car accident caused by another driver, you may be entitled to seek compensation. Contact a car accident lawyer in Cobble Hill today.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle riders are often injured when careless drivers engage in behaviors such as distracted driving, speeding or failing to yield at intersections. Motorcycle riders rely on others to drive with caution since bikers have little protection available to protect them in a collision with a larger vehicle. In collisions with other vehicles, motorcycle riders often suffer severe head, neck, and back injuries that can have lifelong consequences. If you have been injured while riding your motorcycle, talk to a Cobble Hill motorcycle injury attorney about your legal options to seek compensation.
- Public transportation accidents – If you have been injured on a subway, ferry, bus, or railroad operated by the Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA), you may be able to seek compensation from the MTA or another responsible agency. You have only a short amount of time to give notice of an MTA accident claim, so don’t delay in contacting a personal injury lawyer.
- School bus accidents – School bus drivers must obey traffic laws and meet safety standards while transporting children to and from school. School buses accidents can severely injure students, as well as pedestrians, and other motorists, if the bus driver acts negligently. When school bus drivers or other vehicles cause injuries to schoolchildren, the driver and their employer should be held accountable.
- Taxi accidents – Taxi drivers often engage in unsafe driving practices when trying to navigate Brooklyn traffic. Taxi drivers and their employers may be held legally accountable when they cause injuries as a result of careless or unsafe driving. Contact a Cobble Hill taxi accident injury lawyer.
- Trucking accidents – Accidents involving 18 wheelers and other large trucks can cause horrific injuries and present unique legal challenges. After an accident involving a commercial truck, the driver, trucking company, and even the manufacturer may be held liable.
- Amusement park accidents – New York City is home to many amusement parks including Luna Park and Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park. Owners and operators of amusement parks must be vigilant in maintaining safety standards and performing reasonable maintenance on amusement park rides to keep them safe. If they fail to maintain the rides and a rider is injured as a result, the amusement park or ride operator may be held liable for injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents – Walking the streets of Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, can be dangerous for even the most seasoned city dweller. Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable to injuries in collisions and are dependent upon drivers to navigate intersections with caution. If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident caused by a driver’s failure to yield, contact a Cobble Hill pedestrian accident lawyer to discuss your legal options.
- Dog bites – Dog owners are responsible for the actions of their pets and can be held financially liable when their pets cause an injury in an unprovoked attack. Dog bites can cause severe injuries and emotional trauma. If you have been bitten by a dog, you may be able to seek compensation through the homeowner’s liability insurance.
- Wrongful death – If you have lost a loved one as a result of someone else’s negligent or intentional actions, you may be entitled to seek financial compensation. While no amount of money can erase your pain or suffering, compensation can provide financial stability during a difficult time.
If you have been involved in a Cobble Hill car accident or another mishap, never leave the scene. You should report the accident and wait for police to arrive. First responders can administer medical care and document your injury. Both the documentation and medical care are important.
Once you are able, contact our team of Brooklyn personal injury lawyers at David Resnick & Associates, P.C., to discuss your legal options.
What to Expect When You Call Our Injury Attorneys
Every person who reaches out to our firm will receive a free consultation. We will review the facts to determine whether you have a valid legal claim.
If your claim is valid, and you feel our firm is the right fit for you, our team will begin aggressively pursuing your case. Our legal staff will seek to determine who is liable for your injuries and build a strategy to pursue full compensation.
Once our firm goes to work on your behalf, you will never have to worry about being harassed by insurance adjusters or defense attorneys. Our team will take charge of all the communication surrounding your case to ensure you can focus on your health. We won’t let an insurer bully you into taking a low-ball settlement offer. Our goal at David Resnick & Associates, P.C., is that you recover full and fair compensation at the settlement table and, if necessary, in the courthouse.
Cobble Hill Legal Information
The location of your court hearing, if you case winds up going to trial, will differ based on several factors including the potential compensation amount involved. If your case involves $25,000 or less in damages, your case will be heard at:
Civil Court of the City of New York-Kings County
141 Livingston Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
If your case involves more than $25,000 in damages, the trial location will be:
Kings County Supreme Court
360 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
If your case involves a federal matter, it will be held at:
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
225 Cadman Plaza East
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Contact our Cobble Hill Personal Injury Law Firm Today
If you have suffered a serious injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be dealing with a host of physical, emotional, and financial issues. Our legal team can guide you toward resources that can help you and your family deal with these challenges. We can also help you seek full financial compensation.
At David Resnick & Associates, P.C., we believe that no one should have to deal with financial hardships after being injured by someone else. Our Cobble Hill lawyers will help you gain the compensation to bring stability back to your life. To schedule a free, confidential consultation, call us at (212) 279-2000 or contact us online.